Latest News form CPC Link
EU drivers’ hours and tachograph rules will change on 20 August!
Published on: Aug 17 2020 at 10:21 AM
DVSA will publish updated drivers’ hours guides this week, they have apologised for the short notice, we will of course update this item as soon as we have further details.
The new rules will include:
- a requirement for drivers’ to ‘return home’ every 4 weeks
- a ban on taking regular weekly rest periods in the driver’s vehicle
- a new definition of ‘non-commercial carriage’
- more flexibility on the scheduling of the rest periods for some drivers on international carriage of goods
- new provisions for rests and breaks for drivers when journeys involve transport by ferry or by rail
- a new requirement to keep a full record of all other work.