Latest News form CPC Link
Changes to regulations based on the review/consultation about amendments to Driver CPC
Published on: Jul 27 2020 at 07:03 PM
We have this evening (27/07/20) been informed by JAUPT that DVSA have updated the Gov.uk to reflect some recent changes to regulations based on the review/consultation about amendments to Driver CPC.
The main changes are:
- Drivers should complete 7 hours of training a year.
- They should not repeat the same course unless there is a specific need.
- If DVSA believe a training provider knowingly allowed a driver to repeat courses, they may revoke the driver’s periodic training hours, or their Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DQC) card.
- Courses can include a maximum of 2 hours e-learning per 7-hour course for drivers to complete prior to attending the classroom or during the classroom sessions, where the other five hours will be delivered.
- Drivers can now also undergo training based on other transport-related EU Directives that does not hold specific approval as a Driver CPC course.
- This may include training on the transport of dangerous goods (ADR training taken under Directive 2008/68/EC) and other training yet to be confirmed.
We will, of course, keep you updated as we read the in-depth guidance that has accompanied this announcement.